the house girl is...

My photo
i am a wife, sister, daughter and friend, who is learning to learn, observe, enjoy... and write about it!

Monday, February 18, 2013


i’ve woken up, begun my day;
i’ve started things, and it’s okay.

and though i haven’t stretched or showered,
i’ll be there in just one hour.

my husband, he is proud of me.
my Jesus tells me i am free.

so i’ll get through this daily grind,
and for my sanity, remind:

i’ve woken up, begun my day;
i’ve started things, and it’s okay.

___________

i have Lyme disease; i'm always stiff and sore. stretching for half-a-stinking-hour every morning helps me get through the day. but stretch + shower = one hour. so i often put it off until noon and then regret it. i resent my morning routine and my lazy, ensuing attidue. but this is my life, and i'm learning to find freedom in it.

excuse me... i've gotta go stretch!

1 comment: