the house girl is...

My photo
i am a wife, sister, daughter and friend, who is learning to learn, observe, enjoy... and write about it!

Monday, March 14, 2011

tired of reaching

i’m tired of reaching out
tired of standing tall
i cannot find my footing
and i fear that i may fall
it’s too much to endure
my spirit cannot hope
my body aches and weakens
like a withered, fraying rope
tired of reaching
done with seeing
Someone fill my cup!
stretch out Your hand
and grip me tightly
lift me,
lift me up
my eyes are dimming, squinting
my ears no longer hear
my mouth can form no words of peace
it only whispers fear
i’ll wait for You awhile
if You say that You will come
come and free me, give me hope,
and point my gaze toward home

1 comment:

  1. lean on me (sing it to me sing it to me)!
    when you're not strong (sing it to me sing it to me)!
    i'll be your friend.
    i'll help you car-ry on.
    for -- it won't be long --
    'til i'm gonna need --
    somebody to le-e-hean on!

    ReplyDelete